As Colbert explained in a 2009 Rolling Stone interview:
Does faith still play a big part in your life?
Very much. I am highly variable in my devotion. From a doctrinal point of view or a dogmatic point of view or a strictly Catholic adherent point of view, I’m first to say that I talk a good game, but I don’t know how good I am about it in practice. I saw how my mother’s faith was very valuable to her and valuable to my brothers and sisters, and I’m moved by the words of Christ, and I’ll leave it at that.
But you do teach Sunday school?
I teach the seven year olds. I’m the catechist for their first communion.
In perhaps the greatest Colbert Report clip of all time, Colbert, apprently the real man not just the television character, gets angry at Philip Zimbardo for misrepresenting Christian doctrine on heaven and hell.
- mdtepsic likes this
- theothertype reblogged this from invisibleforeigner and added:
- jawzlynn likes this
- v-ellocet likes this
- wiggs39 likes this
- whysojaded likes this
- whateverlola likes this
- theultimatetruthiness likes this
- chucknobletjunior likes this
- theultimatetruthiness reblogged this from remeanie
- shneevon likes this
- dimathiel likes this
- shalomvivian likes this
- disgruntled-and-catholic likes this
- entertheconezone likes this
- recycledsoul likes this
- uvgt2bkdnme reblogged this from invisibleforeigner
- afitnerd likes this
- uvgt2bkdnme likes this
- thepoorinspirit said: Colbert is legit.
- thepoorinspirit likes this
- wretchedtire likes this
- bearstradamus likes this
- midwestmanhattan likes this
- shortbreadsh likes this
- undchris reblogged this from invisibleforeigner and added:
- jamtaylor said: “I TEACH Sunday School, MF!” good quote!
- kittenbento likes this
- invisibleforeigner posted this