For the curious, the dispute can be reduced to Jesus. Mormons assert that because they believe Jesus is divine, they are Christians by default. Christians respond that because Mormons don’t believe — in accordance with the Nicene Creed promulgated in the fourth century — that Jesus is also the Father and the Holy Spirit, the Jesus that Mormons have in mind is someone else altogether. The Mormon reaction is incredulity. The Christian retort is exasperation. Rinse and repeat.
“Jesus is also the Father and the Holy Spirit”
I don’t think I’ve ever facepalmed so hard.
- schizophreniatic said: what.
- elizabethnerdfighter likes this
- howaboutnobear reblogged this from twisttheoaks
- howaboutnobear likes this
- mushfromnewsies said: unnnnnnbelievable
- blue-face likes this
- ashtun likes this
- invisibleforeigner reblogged this from twisttheoaks
- twisttheoaks reblogged this from invisibleforeigner
- invisibleforeigner posted this